Saturday, August 11, 2012

the author of this blog is a dirty hipster now

Hello blog. It's been a while.
       And wouldn't ya' know it I've gone and turned into a goddamn hipster. My cousin over at A daily something is probably going to read this and swell with pride at that. Next thing you know I'll be listening to obscure music and wearing ironic t-shirts. And making photosets on my tumblr dedicated to Nutella
THE FOOD OF GODS  
       But until that day when I am finally consumed by my dirty hipster ways, allow me to tell you all a story. A story of a few gifted robots who have turned me from a mild mannered geek into a dirty rotten obscure music loving hipster.
      Yes, robots. You read that right.
ROBOTS

REALLY ATTRACTIVE ROBOTS 

I MEAN LIKE WOW. 

Oh...you're still here...I guess I should probably explain who these cuties are. Well, actually I think that showing you who they are is a better way to go . Go ahead and click that. I'll wait. Hipsters like me can do that. I'll just amuse myself with pictures off of my cousin's instagram while you take it all in .
SO DEEP
...SO DEEP 
   Oh, you're back? Cool. NOW I CAN PROPERLY EXPLAIN.
Yeah this means more pictures. But not from the Daily Something instagram this time.
      alllllllRIGHT

So Steam Powered Giraffe. Pictured above from left to right we have The Spine, The Jon, and Rabbit. (David Michael Bennett, Jon Sprague, and Bunny Bennett respectively.) The singing musical automatons! Originally a busking act in Balboa Park (circa 2008), the trio of babes  Robots has gained the attention of a thousand some fans all over the world! They've played several plugged in shows (and are currently doing daily ones at the San Diego Zoo) and play at Steam Punk conventions all over the US! (It just so happens that yours truly has plans to see them at the Steampunk Worlds Fair this Spring AND I AM GONNA HUG THEM ALL)  Oh! You want to know what they're like live? HERE YA GO
     AND AS THOUGH MUSICAL TALENT WAS NOT ENOUGH BAM. BUNNY BENNETT'S DA PAGE.

     And that cutie (without a mustache) in the background of "Captain Albert Alexander"? None other than the fabulous MICHAEL PHILLIP REED. (if you click no other links, CLICK THIS ONE. Michael's original stuff is SO AMAZING) The cool guy WITH a mustache is SAMUEL LUKE. No link for this guy, but trust me. He's a cool dude.

So. COOL. 

OH BUT CLARA I hear you say as you stare in awe at Samuel's mustached glory, who is that mysterious be-dreaded man in the background?
     Oh him? Oh I dunno no one impor-
EXCEPT HE IS SO IMPORTANT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND


STEVE NEGRETE. The guy who helps them sound AWESOME for their plugged in shows.
    And I know he looks like a cool dude and he is but also he FIGHTS WITH A SWORD? and SPINS FIRE? Yeah. So basically, everything about these dudes is cool.

      Still not convinced? Well how about THIS 
The Jon. Out of make-up and still more talented than you. 
Okay and another thing,  Bunny and the guys are all SO NICE. David, Bunny, and Michael (MERKER) all have Tumblrs where they talk to fans! And they even encourage us to do fanwork of the robots (Michael is known to like everything that ever shows up in his tag, and Bunny will too sometimes for her tag...I got a reblog from her once. It was awesome) (EXCEPT IT ACTUALLY WASN'T OH MY GOD BUNNY IF YOU EVER READ THIS I AM SO SORRY....STILL....STILL SORRY...ALSO GO TO BED YOU LOSER YOU NEED YOUR REST oh who am I kidding ) 

     Go listen to SPG! They are awesome guys and so so so so VERY talented. Oh, and if you decide you like them please please PLEASE don't pirate their music? They worked very hard on it and Pirating them isn't very nice. Here. I'll reward you in advance for not pirating them
      
Michael Reed, doesn't wear robot makeup and ALSO more talented than you 

Alright! I've been writing for too long, so that's all from me tonight. Remember...STEAM POWERED GIRAFFE.  
                         Don't follow the red star, 
                                Clara B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment