Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Musings while reading "Coraline"

We had an audio book of "Coraline" in the car for the trip up to New Jersey.
     It's a good book, and combined with the Good Omens I read on the first leg of the trip I suppose I had a very inappropriately Gaimy start to the week. That's gonna come back to bite me in the ass later I know it is.

Or does the Ass bite you...
       While listening to Coraline this particular line came up that struck a chord with me.
 "It wasn't brave, because he wasn't afraid"
  So all of you probably remember the slightly sarcastic blog post I did earlier in the week...
If you don't, I can basically sum it all up with this image 

Well Earlier in the summer I did something that, in hindsight, was not intelligent in the slightest. But everyone said I was brave for it. Brave for entering at all, brave for showing SPG what I could do. The result was less "Epic and So Cool" and more "Little sis trying to imitate her cool older siblings but failing miserably" but I don't see why it was brave. For it to have been brave, I would have needed to be afraid.
   I guess I was a little bit. Afraid of judgement but who isn't?
...Godammit Bennett 
  I talked to my mom about this, my strange fear of judgement by my elder friends. She said it was something about wanting to be liked by someone who was a different caliber of musician than I. And the fact that they're older than me/professionals/ awesome.
     Except that last thing is kind of a matter of opinion.
Case in point, here is David eating a 5 pound gummy bear  while semi nude

I suppose I'll just sum it up by saying that I make poor choices when it comes to roll models/style icons/people I want to be like when I grow up. case  in  point.
     Okay the little bro is being impatient. I'll be back with more musings later tonight.

                                     Don't follow the red star, cause that'll give ya the wrong lyrics.

-Clara B






No comments:

Post a Comment